Sunday, December 5, 2010

Blessings & Luck

I truly feel like the luckiest woman on the planet. For those of you that know me, know that my dogs are my life. Well 2 of them have had to have surgery in the past few weeks and it has been so stressful. Daisy has had a huge lipoma on her chest/underarm area for years and it just kept getting bigger and bigger to the point where she was really struggling to walk since the lump was pushing her arm out so far, so we took her in and they did surgery the following day and Daisy did great. She still limps just as bad which could be arthritis and shoulder damage from the lipoma being there so long, but she seems so happy.

Millie has had a lump in the back of her leg for a few months now and Luke and I thought it was a bee sting but realized it was more when the swelling didn't go down so we took her in and the vet did a fine needle aspiration and sent it off to the lab and within 24 hours the vet wanted to rush Millie in for surgery since it was a soft tissue sarcoma/cancer. You have to catch those in the early stages or it is to late and Melinda our vet thought we had a fighting chance... So the following Monday Millie had a huge surgery and they took out the lump and part of her leg muscle. The incision is huge and scary but she has bounced back so well. I have a cute friend who works in the animal lab where the dissect the tumors so she called the second they found out they got all the cancer which was the biggest relief ever. I am so grateful and sooo blessed to have the most amazing vets on the planet. James Israelsen and his cute wife Melinda Hillegas are miracle workers. James saved Sadie's life years ago... We took our family dog Ben there growing up and loved them so much I have always gone back to them. They are such great people. I feel so lucky and so blessed to have healthy happy dogs again! It is going to be a long recovery for Millie but she is going to be ok! Daisy gets the stitches out Tuesday...drain is gone:) They pulled Millie's drain on Friday and stitches will come out in 3 more weeks and then hopefully we can get back out on our walks! I am in serious need of my daily walks with the dogs this time of year! My pants are so tight I could take an eye with the button if I exhaled lol.

I hope everyone is taking time this holiday season to focus on what is most important. I know I get so busy and caught up with the hustle and bustle of life, but I am so grateful I have my cute doggies with me, happy and healthy! Gracie has been so cute to keep telling them they are going to be ok. She has such a tender heart.

We keep asking Gracie what she wants Santa to bring her and all she says is a lump of coal lol, so my cute Mom found her some coal. She is getting so excited for Santa this year and it seems like Christmas just gets funner and funner the older she gets.

I hope everyone is staying happy and healthy and enjoying every second of this season. Thanks so much for all of the prayers, phone calls, texts, emails and kind words...I have sooo many wonderful people in my life that makes the tough times seem not so bad. Love to all.

No comments: