Monday, June 1, 2015

Night Ranger

Luke and I went and saw Night Ranger perform at the Peppermill in Wendover over the weekend and it was amazing! It was the second time we have seen them and if anything, they were even better! After 35 years together, they sound just as good today as they did back then! It was so great being enclosed in a room with 1000 other 80's fans..this wave of excitement always rushes through me almost bringing tears to my eyes when bands like Night Ranger hit the stage. No opening band..none was needed. They played for a good hour and half and by the end of the concert Jack Blades still had the same amount of energy as he did when he started! Don't know how he does it! Probably Jack Daniels..whatever it is he needs to never stop! Kelly Keagy on the drums was simply AMAZING! A guy that can play drums that well and sing lead vocals at the same time...moves right up to the top in my book! Brad Gillis was awesome too..he has been with Night Ranger from the start just like Kelly and didn't miss a beat! Kerri Kelly is the newest member..he was awesome on the guitar. He has been with the band for about 2 year now..he came from Alice Cooper... They played hit after hit! They started out with "Touch of Madness" and then the classic "4 in the Morning"...I don't know how many of you know that Jack Blades is the lead vocal for Damn Yankees which is super cool since I love both bands! He sang "High Enough" and "Coming of Age"..some of my all time favorites! Jack is in a new band now called Revolution Saints with Deen Castronovo (Journey) and Doug Aldrich who recently left Whitesnake to join this band. Doug Aldrich is the hottie that never wears a shirt and has abs from here to kingdom come...droool.... Awesome band...if you get a chance You Tube them..they have come out with some great stuff! "High Road" is a new song off the new Night Ranger album and I fell in love with it the second I heard it! They played mostly their hits from the 80s which I was grateful for. So many memories with amazing people in my life to almost every song they sing..took me way, way back! They ended the night with an encore that included "Sister Christian" and "Rock in America". Now I try to never complain..but we had 6th row seats and if you have ever been to this venue you know there isn't a bad seat in the house...UNLESS....you get a lovely bleach blonde lady who was about 70, acting like she was 25, had drank 3 too many by the time she even got to her seat..decides to stand and dance the entire concert!!! You guessed it! I got a view of her behind all night! She didn't sit down once! Only broad standing and yes, I was the lucky sucker that got to sit behind her! I would have moved but it was a sold out crowd..I guess I just have the luck of the draw when it comes to this! Next time, I guess I better hope it is a hot man with hot buns if I am spending the evening staring at it! So..to sum it all up..simply amazing. Sounded flawless and highly recommend Night Ranger to anyone! They said it was their 7th time in Wendover and plan on coming back many more times to have crowds like the one I was fortunate enough to be a part of!!! Rock on!!!

No comments: