Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Lisa is Officially on the Fat Wagon!

I know it is a shocker that I am finally posting...I have been such a slacker lately. I really need to post pics of my cute baby girl, but that would mean I have to go downstairs to get the memory card and I am just to pooped.

Today I woke up and took Gracie over to my Mom's so that I could go to lunch with my cute friend Michelle for her bday. We went to Fredrico's which was fabulous. If it has anything to do with food for me, then it is fabulous, hence the size 16 pair of pants I am squeezing myself into daily. Michelle looked so cute and we had so much fun. Wish time didn't go by so fast so we got to see each other more often! Happy Bday to Michelle this Thursday! Love you!

Back to the squeezing into jeans bit...that is all that has been consuming my mind lately. The thyroid is getting under control and I have been on the pills now for about 6 weeks, but I still haven't lost anything and it is so frusturating. I exercise more than ever, watch what I eat, and I continue to gain a pound each and every week. I have officially outgrown everything in my closet and I refuse to go buy bigger clothes, so the poor world has to sustain retinal damage by looking at my fat, white body. I just feel yucky. It is one of those things that no matter how long I spend in front of the mirror, I am not pleased with the end project. I feel like maybe if I could just starve myself for a month, then the weight would start coming off, but then I would be dead. Just so frusturating! Grrrr...enough rambling on about me.

Gracie turns 9 months tomorrow. I can't believe my baby is growing up so fast! Where has the time gone? I am truly blessed to be able to stay home with her and raise her. I can't imagine having it any other way. I don't want to miss anything, and as much as I loved working at the hospital, I just couldn't give up my time and memories with Gracie to stay working there full time. They have been great to call me back every now and then and it is fun to see everyone and I am so lucky to have a cute Mom that can watch her when I am in a pinch. I don't trust many people with her, daycare, neighbors, etc. How sad is that? I am just Mrs. Overprotective!

Luke is in Indiana now. He has been there since Monday for work. I miss him so much. It seems like he has been gone for weeks already. Tonight I mopped the floors, vacuumed, scrubbed down the kitchen, bathrooms, cleaned the fridge...I am pooped! And carrying that extra 30+ pounds doesn't help anything, and how do I reward myself? With a big fat brownie. I justify that with the sugarfree applesauce I put in them instead of oil..hee, hee, hee.. And I wonder why I can't lose weight!

Thanks to Facebook, I have found some old friends, high school buddies and even my cousin Adam who I haven't seen in ages, so it is fun catching up with them and I love that I can stay updated with the ones that have blogs! Wahoo!

Hope all is well with everyone!

Kisses!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Lisa, I am sorry about the weight being frustrating. I am in the same boat. I look in the mirror, and all I see are all of my flaws! So I can relate. Happy 9 months to little miss Gracie though. They grow up way to fast, and it seems even faster with the second. Hang in there!!

Michelle & Troy Satterthwaite said...

I know you are frustrated and I wish there was more that I could do! At least you are not alone on the whole weight loss thing! I think you look great! Know that you are loved and hopefully soon the weight will start to come off. One pound at a time is better than nothing! Happy 9 mo bday to Gracie today, give her a hug and a squeeze from me! I love you!!! I like the new back drop too on your blog. I need to get brave and change ours one day too!

Jeff and Holly said...

Hi Lisa. I'm sorry you are feeling so down about your self right now. It is a plague that mose if not all us gals have. Why is it we can't learn to be happy with all our good points??? I looked through your blog's; I think you look wonderful!! I love your long hair! Your daughter Gracie is a DOLL! I love those dimples and her fluffy hair! What a cutie.

I played around with the celeb look alike. It was dang funny. I don't think I look like any of them. I put in different pictures and every time a completely different batch of celebs would show up. One of my photos I looked like ALL MEN!!! LOL! I might post the closeset one just for kicks and giggles. If nothing else, It was fun.

love,
Holly

Amy said...

Lisa! You have a blog too!?! YES! I loved reading about you and your cute little family.

On the weight thing, I'm so there with you, see what MY last entry was about. Too bad we don't live closer and we could go for walks or something.

Next time you have a minute lets get together, I'd really love to meet Gracie before she's a year old!

*Hugs*
Amy

Anonymous said...

Okay, I don't have a user name, but I had to let you know I saw the beautiful pictures of Gracie and I have news for you. You do not look overweight at all to me. As a matter of fact, if you think you have a problem, you need to see a recent picture of me. Honey, you have nothing on me. So, don't worry about it at all. I will talk to you soon.

Love, Erin