Saturday, January 1, 2011

Hates Goodbye's

My heart is so full tonight. My cute parents are moving to St. George tomorrow for 3 months and it sure has hit me hard. I am so close to my Mom. We talk everyday and I see her every week. We have always gone to their house ever Sunday for family dinner...this will be the longest I have ever been away from my parents and it is killing me. I know St. George isn't that far but the thought of not having my Mom 30 minutes away is devastating. However, the move will be good for them. It is a little warmer there so the weather will be better on my Dad's arthritis and they will be able to get away and ride bikes and do things they have wanted to do for awhile, so I am excited for them.

Thursday night I played games with Mark and a bunch of friends and then I slept over and Mark and I stayed up talking until almost 6 am. We talked about growing up and it was funny that we both could remember the same things! I sure love my brother, he had me in tears talking about how scared he was when I died and I was soo touched. I miss the good old days with Mark!

Christmas was fabulous. Gracie got her lump of coal she was so excited for and some pillow pets, games, clothes, a leapster, a cookie/baking set, etc... Santa was VERY good to her and so were her relatives! Thank you everyone!

Millie and Daisy are healing so well from their surgeries. Dusty and Sadie and Peanut are also doing great!

New Years Eve is always a blast. We have my little brother and a bunch of friends over and play games and eat ourselves sick. This year I made bacon wrapped water chestnuts that turned out fabulous! Big hit! And everyone's favorite, the bacon wrapped little smokies (heart attack on a stick), spinach dip, sweet and sour meatballs, queso, veggie plates, cheese and crackers, chex mix...we also had tons of pizza's and breadsticks....I am telling you...I have managed to gain 10 pounds in about 2 weeks, so it is now time to crack the whip and attempt to lift this body onto that diet wagon! I hope 2011 is AMAZING & memorable for everyone!

2 comments:

Darcie said...

Lisa,
That is sad about your mom and dad, I hope they enjoy themselves and that it seems to fly by for you.
I am glad your dogs are doing well.
All your food sounds so good at your new years party.
I hope you have a great 2011.

Kevin and Heather said...

I'm glad you had a great time over the Holidays. It's so nice to have family around. I too need to crack the whip, I ate way too much over the holidays.