Monday, May 16, 2011

Park City w/Mom;)








So this past weekend was my annual Park City trip with my cute Mom where we shop til we drop! Good food, great shopping and memories to last a lifetime! The condo was gorgeous..I am obsessed with the Food Network since I don't have it at home, so any second we were at the condo we were watching the food network and playing cards! My Mom and I have been doing this trip for over a decade now and look forward to it every year! It's so nice to just get away from life for a few days and spend it with my idol. It's funny, even after knowing my cute Mom my entire life, I continue to find out new things every time we go.

Yesterday was such an awesome day. Luke and I had to teach the Marriage and Family Relations class and out topic was the healing power of forgiveness in your marriage. When we first got the topic we were both terrified. It is a subject that Luke and I have struggled with throughout our marriage and the lesson couldn't have gone better. I felt things yesterday I haven't felt since Luke and I first got married. It was incredible hearing couples talk about how they work through their differences and learn to forgive each other. I truly feel like this lesson was just what we needed! Awesome day! Then we went to my parents for Sunday dinner and they surprised Gracie with a bike! We took the other camera and I haven't pulled the pics of that one..but I will post soon. She loved it! She is getting so big and she is such a great kid. Yesterday in sacrament we were surrounded by out of control kids. I lose so much respect for parents that don't control their kids and let them be as loud as they want in sacrament or let them sit there and cry...Gracie was so good. Didn't make a peep. I just feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

For Mother's Day we went and took flowers up to Luke's sweet Mom. I can't wait for the day when I can throw my arms around this beautiful woman! So grateful for her!

My cute Sadie has laryngeal paralysis and on Saturday I think we took our last walk:( She could barely make it home..I hate to see them get old, but on the other hand I am so grateful I have had the opportunity to see them get old. I am just praying she and the rest of my cute hounds still have plenty of good time left in them. My Mom says...a teaspoon at a time. I hope everyone is doing great!

1 comment:

Megan said...

That is a great tradition. It is so fun to look forward to little things & traditions. BTW, I love that cabbage patch!