Friday, January 4, 2008

Happy Birthday Mark!

Friday, January 4, 2008

Today is my little brother's 29th bday. I can't believe he is that old. I am just so sad at how fast time has gone, but boy do we have some awesome memories and I can't wait to make more with him. I love him so much! Happy Bday Mark!

Today I went to Logan to grocery shop and my cute parents watched Gracie. She sure thinks the world of Grandma and Papa! She has almost outgrown her car seat! I can't believe that. I think she is going to be taller than me. Hopefully she won't get my metabolism though. I hope she can eat like my friend Bonnie and not gain an ounce! If I even look at someone eating something fattening I gain weight!

I went to the doctor on Friday for my regular 3 month diabetic check-up and I had to have a bunch of tests run which I hate. For those of you that know me well, then you know how terrified of needles I am. I have a great disease for that problem! The doctor's office called back within a few hours with my results which is really rare because it usually takes about a week. I am happy to report that my kidneys are still hanging in there and as good as they can be, especially after the trauma they went through getting Gracie here. The problem I wasn't expecting was my thyroid. Apparently it is dangerously low which they don't see often. The medical assistant that called with the results was surprised that I wasn't really tired, dizzy and not fainting. There isn't much they can do for it, but I don't feel any different. My doc is hoping that the lab just made an error since my thyroid has always been good and I get to have all the tests redone in about 6 months lucky me. The worst part is that I have pathetic deep, very small veins and they can never find them so the guy taking my blood just went straight for my hand and had to dig for 5 minutes, so it looks just beautiful! I was dreading sitting there in that chair while he dug around, but I had told him the story about me dying and the seizures and the 4 strokes I had while trying to get Gracie here and he looked at me and said you are so lucky to be sitting here right now! And ever since then I have realized that I need to focus on my precious life! I was hating sitting there, but then I realized I am sooooo lucky to be sitting there. So, so lucky.

4 comments:

Rusty and Janis said...

I hate needles too!! I am glad that everything is going well. You know I always worry about you.
Good news for ya, Rusty is going to be applying for a job in Salt Lake. Lets hope he gets it.
Love ya, Janis

Lisa said...

No way! I am going to keep my fingers crossed! I want you here with me!!!!! Love you!

Rusty and Janis said...

check out my blog...you have been tagged

sharpest family said...

Hey in response to the weight comment about me...I wish!!! :) You're really sweet for saying it though. I love you and I'm so glad that I get to call you my best friend (although we never see each other). Keep up with the blog I love being able to feel like I'm part of your life by reading about it!