Monday, October 4, 2010

Yum!

Just wanted to share a super easy and yummy recipe I got from a cute friend. It has been a huge hit in this family! I am all about the crock pot now that I work...

Pot Roast & Veggies
1 or 2 pot roasts
2 cans of Cream of Chicken
2 cans of Cream of Mushroom
1 packet of Lipton Onion Soup
1 Crock pot liner
Potatoes, Onions and carrots


I highly recommend the Crock pot liners, I never have to clean up after and that is priceless to me!

Line your crock pot with the liner, throw in a pot roast or 2, then mix 2 cans of cream of chicken, 2 cans cream of mushroom and 1 packet of the Lipton Onion Soup Mix, mix and pour over the roast(s). Then chop up your potatoes, onions and carrots in big chunks, throw them on top and throw the lid on. I don't even peel the potatoes, I just wash them well and cut the potato in thirds or even just in half. You have to remember it is going to be cooking for 8 hours, the bigger the chunks the better so it isn't pure mush. Cook for about 8 hours on low. After I turn it off, I let it sit for 30 to 45 minutes to let the sauce thicken. It is sooo yummy and makes wonderful leftovers! Hope someone tries this and loves it as much as we do!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

That does sound YUMMY! and I didn't even know crockpot liners existed, must add to grocery list now!

Tara said...

Thanks Lisa. I'm all for anything new and easy! Excited to try it.

LaNe aNd GiNa said...

That sounds so yummy!! Where are you woking now?

Lisa said...

I work for the Cache Valley Radio Group and I am loving it! We really need to do lunch one of these days Gina! I miss you!